Are you looking for a small group activity to review sounding out CVC words ? Need a hands-on literacy center to practice isolating and sounding CVC words out? Planning Halloween/ October Centers? Look no further!
- 12 “I can” posters (With picture examples of directions)
- 2 Poems/ Chants
- 166 Ghost CVC Blending Cards (Green, Yellow, and Red Boxes)
- 166 Ghost CVC Blending Cards (Words)
- 5 Recording Sheets
How to use this?
- Small Group Instruction – This is perfect to pull a small group for intervention time!
- Whole Group – Chant the poem and have students pick out a CVC word. Then have the students s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the word with slinkies. This would be perfect for a quick review during morning meeting or end of the day!
- Literacy Center – Have students pull the cards out and put the cards cards in a pocket chart. Then have students complete the recording sheets.
Directions for use:
Print the cards and poem on cardstock for extra durability. Cardstock is better choice so cards won’t be see through when you fold the cards. I would recommend laminating the cards so you can use them again and again. It works well to keep them in a baggies or crayon boxes.
What if I need something added?
If you would like any custom pages, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be more than happy to create it for you!
How do I open this?
Please note: You will need Adobe Viewer to open these cards. They are secured and flattened. There is no editable version in this product.
Hope you find this resource useful! =) Don’t forget to write feedback.
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Carolyn’s Creative Classroom