Are you celebrating Polar Express in your classroom? My students LOVE building sight words and their names using these train mats!
- Cover & Example Pages (pg 1-7)
- Directions and Suggested Materials (Pg 8-12)
- I can Posters (Pg 13-18) Use these posters to help students be successful in the center. It includes directions and example pictures.
- Word Mats (Pg 19-22) Different layout depending on what materials you use. Use it in a variety of ways (letter tiles, magnetic letters, playdoh stampers, pom poms, mini erasers, etc
- Letter Cards (Pg 23-29) Use these letter tiles to build sight words or names. Comes with lowercase and uppercase letters. Train and gifts included. (NOT EDITABLE)
- Sight Words (pg 30-35) You can edit the words to match your reading series/lists! (Train is not editable.. ONLY Words)
- Name Cards (Pg 36-40) You can edit names and pictures! (Train is not editable) Easily add your students pictures to the train!
How to use this?
- Students will write and build sight words/names using these mats and cards. Variety of ways to incorporate this in your classroom! You can edit to meet the needs of your students. Use any list!
Directions for use:
- Print and laminate the Mats, I can Posters, and letter tiles.
- Add sight words or student names/pictures following directions. [If you need help please reach out to me!] Then print and laminate.
What if I need something added?
If you would like any custom pages, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be more than happy to create it for you!
How do I open this?
Please note: You will need PowerPoint to open and edit this document. Powerpoint viewer will not work. If you have any trouble editing the pictures, email me and I will be happy to help you!
Hope you find this resource useful! =) Don’t forget to write feedback. You get FREE money to spend on Teacher’s Pay Teachers!!
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Carolyn’s Creative Classroom