Need something engaging to practice letters, letter sounds, phonemic awareness, sight words, spelling words, or even a phonics skill?? Look no further!
How to play?
The teacher will show or read [letter/sight words/phonics skill/etc]. Then students will use a mallet [Purchase a kids toy on amazon or make your own with pool noodles/rod) to hit the correct gingerbread.
You can use these mats in small groups, literacy centers, RTI/ MTSS intervention time, review before an assessment… SO many uses!
- Edit the text to whatever skill you are working on. Print the sheets. Either place them in protective sleeves or laminate for durability.
- Or print 1 black and white sheet, make copies, and then have students write the words on the paper.
- Print and laminate the mats onto file folders. Use these mats to spell out sight words or word family words.
- 6 designs with 5 places for text
- Color & B/W versions included
- Editable PowerPoint with 6 designs in boy and girl version, (gingerbread, gingerbread with mouth open, gingerbread head, gingerbread house, gingerbread dough, and gum drops)
- File Folder Mats (PDF not editable) – Alphabet (Whack-a-Word and Whack-a-Letter)
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding this resource or if you would like a personal request!
How do I open this?
- The File Folder game is NOT editable. You will need Adobe to open the PDF file. All images and fonts are flattened and secured.
- The PowerPoint has editable text. You can change the fonts and color. However, the images are flattened and secured. Those can’t be edited.
Don’t forget to write feedback. Your feedback helps me with creating quality products!
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn’s Creative Classroom