Are you looking for a small group activity to review number sense? Need hands-on math center to practice counting? Have a bug or insect theme in your classroom? Looking for an easy low prep math center? Look no further!
- 2 Math Centers!
Center 1 – Number Sense
- Suggested Materials (Butterfly)
- 2 “I can” posters (With picture examples of directions)
- Numbers 1-10 net cards (fingers)
- Tally Marks 1-10 (butterfly)
- Ten frames 1-10 (bug containers)
- 1 Recording Sheet (Color the ten frames and trace the number)
Center 2 – Ladybug Counting Mats
- Suggested Materials (toy bugs and bugs in a jar dirt filler for sensory bin)
- 3 “I can” posters (With picture examples of directions)
- 2 Counting Mats
- Ladybug cards (dots 0-12)
- Ladybug cards (numerals 1-12)
- 1 Recording Sheet (fill in ten frame to match ladybug dots)
How to use this?
- Small Group Instruction – This is perfect to pull a small group for intervention time!
- Whole Group – Perfect for quick review of number sense and counting.
- Literacy Center – Students can play in the sensory bin matching numbers and counting. Then complete the recording sheet.
Directions for use:
Print the mats, cards, and I can posters on cardstock for extra durability . I would recommend laminating the cards so you can use them again and again.
What if I need something added?
If you would like any custom pages, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I would be more than happy to create it for you!
How do I open this?
Please note: You will need Adobe Viewer to open these cards. They are secured and flattened. There is no editable version in this product.
Hope you find this resource useful! =) Don’t forget to write feedback. You get FREE money to spend on Teacher’s Pay Teachers!!
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn’s Creative Classroom