Are you looking for a small group activity to review sorting and sorting rules? Need hands-on math center to practice sorting and colors? Have a bug or insect theme in your classroom? Looking for an easy low prep math center? Look no further!
- 2 Math Centers!
Center 1 – Identifying and Matching Colors
- Suggested Materials (How to make fireflies)
- 2 “I can” posters (With picture examples of directions)
- 12 Color Fireflies
- 12 Color Magnifying glasses
- 2 Recording Sheets (Color the firefly matching the color word and color the firefly and label the color)
Center 2 – Sorting
- Suggested Materials (toy bugs and bugs in a jar dirt filler for sensory bin)
- 1 “I can” posters (With picture examples of directions)
- 5 Sorting Mats
- 2 Recording Sheets (draw the bugs and sorting rule / sorting with wings and no wings)
How to use this?
- Small Group Instruction – This is perfect to pull a small group for intervention time!
- Whole Group – Perfect for quick review of colors and sorting.
- Literacy Center – Students can play in the sensory bin matching colors. Or they can sort the bugs in the sensory bin by different rules.
Directions for use:
Print the mats, cards, and I can posters on cardstock for extra durability . I would recommend laminating the cards so you can use them again and again.
What if I need something added?
If you would like any custom pages, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be more than happy to create it for you!
How do I open this?
Please note: You will need Adobe Viewer to open these cards. They are secured and flattened. There is no editable version in this product.
Hope you find this resource useful! =) Don’t forget to write feedback.
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Carolyn’s Creative Classroom