Are you teaching about germs and how not to spread them? This packet will help students become aware when they put something in their mouth, allow teachers to properly sanitize toys and items, and help keep the classroom safe/clean. Use the pocket chart cards for a hands-on lesson and to introduce vocabulary. Use the cute teacher book to read the social story and introduce the Yuck Bucket TM. Then review with the student booklets for added fine motor, coloring, and early literacy skills!
This is perfect for PreK, Preschool, Kindergarten, your ELL and special education students!
This is the DIGITAL COPY of the Yuck Bucket.
- Intro/Example/Directions (Pg 1-3)
- Labels (Pg 4-6)
- Pocket Chart Cards: (Pg 7-20) Review vocabulary for the story. Or you can sort the cards by “safe” and “not safe” by sorting them in the pocket chart. Print these 2 to a page to make them smaller for cards to put on rings for students.
- Vocabulary Cards: Pg 8-16
- Sorting Cards Pg 17-31
- Teacher Booklet: (Pg 30-63) (In full color) At the beginning of the year, I read this book to the kids. It is a kid friendly social story that rhymes! It tells the story of kids putting toys in their mouth and how this spreads germs. It introduces the Yuck Bucket tool and how it stops the spread of germs in the classroom.
- Student Booklet: (Pg 64-73) (In Black and White): This booklet is half sheets. Print them front to back. Then staple them together to make mini booklets that they can color. Then take home to share with parents. It is in a kid friendly sentences using sight words “I can” “I see a” and “This is”
- Recording Sheets (Pg 74-79) Different recording sheets to review what is safe to put in the child’s mouth. (Color the pictures that are safe and cross out the unsafe choices, Cut and Glue sheets sorting “Safe” “Not Safe”, Draw a toy in the Yuck Bucket, Trace a sentence and draw)
- Copyright Pages (Pg 80-84)
Please note that “Yuck Bucket” is trademarked and Copyrighted by Carolyn’s Creative Classroom!
How do I open this?
Please note: You will need Adobe or Adobe Viewer to open these posters. They are secured and flattened. There is no editable version included.
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn’s Creative Classroom