Are you working on phoneme segmentation? Are you in need of a small group activity to teach how to blend words ? Need a hands-on literacy center to that is self correcting to practice isolating and sounding CVC words out?
- 2 “I can” posters (With picture examples of directions)
- Labels (circle and square) Use this label to place on the box that has the slinkies for students.
- 1 Poem/ Chant
- 1 poster [Hang up in the classroom or enlarge to put on anchor chart]
- Student Mats [Use these mats in small group for intervention. You can use letter tiles, laminate and write with dry erase markers, or add bingo counters.
- Student Snakes [Don’t have slinkies? Use these as manipulatives] 2 versions!
- Blending Cards
- 163 Read and Reveal cards (These cards are self correcting!) Fold the cards and add clothespins to cover the picture. Have student read the word and the check. Use this in literacy centers for independent practice.
- 184 CVC Blending Cards (Green, yellow, and red circle with CVC words) Use these cards with manipulatives as well. Use clear bingo counters over the letters. As the student sounds out the letter place the counter into the circle until all sounds are blended together!
- 5 Recording Sheets (Write the words, write CVC word and illustrate word, write word with lines, Write word in the box)
How to use this?
- Small Group Instruction – This is perfect to pull a small group for intervention time!
- Whole Group – Chant the poem and have students pick out a CVC word. Then have the students s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the word with slinkies. This would be perfect for a quick review during morning meeting or end of the day!
- Literacy Center – Have students pull the cards out and put the cards cards in a pocket chart. Then have students complete the recording sheets.
Directions for use:
Print the cards and poem on cardstock for extra durability . I would recommend laminating the cards so you can use them again and again. It works well to keep them in a baggies.
What if I need something added?
If you would like any custom pages, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be more than happy to create it for you!
How do I open this?
Please note: You will need Adobe Viewer to open these cards. They are secured and flattened. There is no editable version in this product.
Hope you find this resource useful! =) Don’t forget to write feedback. You get FREE money to spend on Teacher’s Pay Teachers!!
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Carolyn’s Creative Classroom